Thursday, September 30, 2021

Diablo II Resurrected - Fireball Sorceress Build (Normal)

Even though I have played Diablo II in the past, this was the first time I made a Sorceress character. 

I know I wanted a Fire Spells build because Leaf Runeword Staff was fairly easy to make. I might change to a Cold Spell build during Nightmare, but for Normal, Fire Spells build was enough. 

Stats

Here's my Base Stats after completing Normal: (Base + Bonus)

Strength: 46 + 9
Dexterity: 25 + 6
Vitality: 119 + 24
Energy: 70 + 10

  • I invested in Energy. Most Guides will tell you to not invest in Energy. But It's fine especially if you have plans of having your stats/skills reset. Having a lot of Mana helps.
  • I did not put anything on Dexterity

Skill Tree

Below are Base Levels. Skill Level bonuses from Items are not included.

Cold Spells:
  • Frozen Armor: 1

Lightning Spells:
  • NONE

Fire Spells:
  • Fire Bolt: 16
  • Warmth: 1
  • Inferno: 1
  • Blaze: 1
  • Fireball: 10
  • Firewall: 1
  • Meteor: 1
  • Fire Mastery: 5

  • 2 of the Skill Points were from the Fallen Angel Quest in Act IV
  • I have not yet used the Book of Skills reward from Radamant's Lair Quest in Act II
  • 1 Skill Point to Frozen Armor can help you survive mob attacks.
  • I spent too many points on Fire Bolt. Make sure to focus on Fireball the moment it becomes available for your level.

Equipment

I've only included Notable Items that I used.

Weapon: Primary (1): Leaf Runeword Staff
  • When I reached Level 19, I spent a good number of hours farming Runes from The Countess in the Forgotten Tower. 
  • You will need Tir + Ral runes for a Leaf Runeword Staff
  • Leaf only works on Staff Class weapon
  • This was pretty much my weapon throughout Normal until I got lucky in my Act V run.

Armor: Stealth Runeword
  • Another Runeword Recipe that was easy to make.
  • You will need Tal + Eth runes for Stealth Runeword Armor
  • Both can be farmed from The Countess
  • The Faster Run/Walk, Faster Cast Rate, and Regenerate Mana bonuses really helped.
  • I made a second one for my Mercenary. Studded Leather was for me. Scale Mail was for my Mercenary. I swapped them when I had enough Strength to wear a Scale Mail

Helm: Nadir Runeword
  • Another Runeword Recipe that was easy to make
  • You will need Nef + Tir for Nadir Runeword Helm. Make sure you use your Tir Rune for your Leaf Staff first before using it on Nadir
  • Strength Bonus helped me equip better armors
  • I made a second one for my Mercenary. Helm for me, Full Helm for my Mercenary. I swapped them when I had enough Strength to wear the Full Helm

Belt: Demonhide Sash
  • Since I don't have a lot of Strength, equipping Plated Belt was hard.
  • A Demonhide Sash dropped in Act V. 
  • I used Charsi's Imbue Reward in Tools of the Trade Quest in Act I
  • I only got to wear a +12 Slots belt at Act V


Amulet: Magic Amulet
  • +1 to Sorceress Skills
  • This dropped somewhere in Act V

For the rest of my Equipment, I used what I got from Drops.

Mercenary Weapon: Malice Runeword Polearm
  • Nothing Special about this Runeword. It was easy to make and I had the runes on my stash
  • You will need Ith + El + Eth for Malice Runeword.
  • Please use a Polearm over Spear

Equipment Upgrades (Act V)

Weapon: Primary (2): Spirit Runeword Sword
  • Spirit Runeword is pretty hard to make in Normal because Thul, Ort, and Amn are rare and don't drop from The Countess in Normal. 
  • You will need Tal + Thul + Ort + Amn for Spirit Runeword.
  • I got lucky and both Thul and Amn Runes dropped while traversing Act V. 
  • I crafted the Ort Rune.
  • I picked up a Normal Broad Sword
  • I had it socketed using Larzuk's Reward for the Siege of Harrogath Quest in Act V
  • After making this Runeword, my Leaf Staff became my Secondary Weapon.
  • I got lucky again. The item gave the max Faster Cast Rate bonus (+35%)

Off-hand Shield: Ancient's Pledge Shield
  • You will need Ral + Ort + Tal for Ancient's Pledge Runeword Shield
  • All three runes are given as a reward from Rescue on Mount Arreat Quest in Act V
  • Resist Bonus and More Resist Bonus

Final Thoughts

Ending my build with some tips and suggestions
  • Farm The Countess in Forgotten Tower. I usually do 2-3 Runs before I start progressing with my Quests. It gets easy as you level up.
  • Save your Stat/Skill Reset Reward from Den of Evil Quest in Act I. Normal Difficulty should be easy enough regardless of any stat/skill mistakes that you do. Use the Stat/Skill reset once you're familiar with your character and you know what you want for its build.
  • Study Runes and Runewords. It's not that hard to learn. 
  • Save your Rejuvenation Potions. I have plenty in my Private Stash and I use them for big boss fights.
  • Always check Superior Normal Items for Sockets. Keep the useful ones in your stash.
  • Sorceress uses spells. You don't need high-level slotted weapons for Runewords. Just find a staff with 2 slots for your Leaf Runeword
Related Links


No comments:

Post a Comment